Repertoire & Performance
Mentoring & Artistic Coaching
Methodology & Didactics
Composition & Choreography
Music & Acting classes
Street & Funk Culture
Health & Performance
(Anatomy, Nutrition, Performance Psychology)
Self-Management, Marketing & Communication
Start of the academic year 2024/2025
Scholarships are awarded to selected students.
September 2, 2024
359 Euro per month
Please send us the following to this e-mail: email@example.com
– Portrait photo
– Two videos of max. 60 seconds each, which should cover at least one of these styles: Looking, Popping, Hip Hop, House or Breaking.
– Current contact details
– A pre-selection will be made based on the videos. Selected applicants will receive an invitation to the audition
– You can upload your videos to online platforms such as YouTube or Vimeo and send us the respective links. Another option is to send the video directly to us via WeTransfer.
April 21, 2024, application deadline: April 15, 2024
May 26, 2024, application deadline: May 20, 2024
PROCEDURE OF THE AUDITION
– Sequences in locking, popping, hip hop, house, breaking
– Street & funk repertoire/choreography
– Group work / creative tasks
– Selection interview
– Medical examination
LOCATION: Flying Steps Academy
Lobeckstrasse 30-35, D-10969 Berlin
What language is spoken during class?
Do you have an age limit?
How much dance experience do I need to be accepted into the diploma programme?
Is the Flying Steps Diploma training programme full-time?
Who provides accommodation for the students?
How much does the training programme cost?
How many stages are there in the audition process?
Do all application documents (pictures/certificates, etc.) need to be submitted at the same time?
Application documents that are incomplete or that reach us by other means will not be considered.
What do I need to wear?
What do I need to include in my video audition?
Funk, Popping, Hip Hop, House or Breaking.
Optional: if the applicant wants to present another urban style, apart from the already mentioned styles (e.g. Krump or Waacking), an additional fourth video (maximum 60 sec.) may be uploaded.
A video talking about your artistic vision within the Street & Funk Culture. Where do you see yourself at the end of the training programme? (maximum 2 min., language: English)
Can you video dance to music?
Can I upload my videos directly to the application form?
When will the results of the video audition be sent?
We kindly ask that you refrain from querying the status of your application.
Will I receive feedback after my audition?
Where does the in-person audition take place?
What will the in-person audition involve?
Do I need to prepare anything for the in-person audition?
What if I haven't learned one of the steps in my class?
What is looked for at the audition?
What should I bring to my audition?
Wear appropriate dancewear that enables us to see clear lines, placement, and technical and performance skills.
Shoes: Please wear trainers for Street & Funk sections and ballet shoes for the ballet class.
Who will be on the audition panel?
Will I have to do an interview at the audition?
Questions you could think about to prepare yourself are:
- Why do you want to study on this programme?
- Who has influenced you from the world of dance?
- What live performance/stage experience do you have?
- Which professional performances have you seen that had an impact on you and your dancing?
- What are your plans after graduation?