Repertoire & Performance
Mentoring & Artistic Coaching
Methodology & Didactics
Composition & Choreography
Music & Acting classes
Street & Funk Culture
Health & Performance
(Anatomy, Nutrition, Performance Psychology)
Self-Management, Marketing & Communication
Start of the academic year 2023/2024
Scholarships are awarded to selected students.
1 September 2023
359 Euro per month
Completed and signed application form including the following und uploads:
· Certificates, school reports
· Three videos of maximum 60 sec. duration each; these videos should cover three of the following styles:
Looking, Popping, Hip Hop, House or Breaking.
Optional: if the applicant wants to present another urban style, apart from the already mentioned styles, an additional fourth video (maximum 60 sec.) may be uploaded.
· A video talking about your artistic vision within the Streetdance/Funk Culture. Where do you see yourself at the end of the training programme? (maximum 2 min., language: English)
Application fee: 20 Euro
A pre-selection is made by video. Selected candidates will be invited to an audition at the Flying Steps Academy in Berlin.
23 April 2023 Application deadline: 11 April 2023
21 May 2023 Application deadline: 9 May 2023
· Sequences in Locking, Popping, Hip Hop, House, Breaking
· Street & Funk Repertoire/Choreography
· Collaborative/creative task
· Medical exam
What language is spoken during class?
Do you have an age limit?
How much dance experience do I need to be accepted into the diploma programme?
Is the Flying Steps Diploma training programme full-time?
Who provides accommodation for the students?
How much does the training programme cost?
How many stages are there in the audition process?
Do all application documents (pictures/certificates, etc.) need to be submitted at the same time?
Application documents that are incomplete or that reach us by other means will not be considered.
What do I need to wear?
What do I need to include in my video audition?
Funk, Popping, Hip Hop, House or Breaking.
Optional: if the applicant wants to present another urban style, apart from the already mentioned styles (e.g. Krump or Waacking), an additional fourth video (maximum 60 sec.) may be uploaded.
A video talking about your artistic vision within the Street & Funk Culture. Where do you see yourself at the end of the training programme? (maximum 2 min., language: English)
Can you video dance to music?
Can I upload my videos directly to the application form?
When will the results of the video audition be sent?
We kindly ask that you refrain from querying the status of your application.
Will I receive feedback after my audition?
Where does the in-person audition take place?
What will the in-person audition involve?
Do I need to prepare anything for the in-person audition?
What if I haven't learned one of the steps in my class?
What is looked for at the audition?
What should I bring to my audition?
Wear appropriate dancewear that enables us to see clear lines, placement, and technical and performance skills.
Shoes: Please wear trainers for Street & Funk sections and ballet shoes for the ballet class.
Who will be on the audition panel?
Will I have to do an interview at the audition?
Questions you could think about to prepare yourself are:
- Why do you want to study on this programme?
- Who has influenced you from the world of dance?
- What live performance/stage experience do you have?
- Which professional performances have you seen that had an impact on you and your dancing?
- What are your plans after graduation?